Mallory Vu is a licensed cosmetologist who specializes in hair and nails at Curlicue Salon in Covina, CA. She performs haircuts, colors, foil highlights and balayage, Brazilian blow-outs, perms, thermal styles, acrylic nails, manicures, pedicures and waxing for her clients.
She has held customer service, sales and marketing positions in the e-commerce industry that have equipped her with the skills and knowledge to manage the business aspect of the beauty industry.
Mallory enjoys working in the salon but most importantly, she loves helping people by making them look and feel amazing. She aspires to own her own salon some day and to teach budding salon professionals. She believes new stylists are the industries future and they hold the keys to positive changes and success within our industry.
- Shampooing and Scalp Massage
- Blow-outs and Thermal styling with flat iron and Marcel curling iron
- Women’s-Men’s and Children’ haircuts
- Clipper-cuts, Fades and Line-Ups
- Color Formulation and Color Correction
- Foil-Highlighting and Balayage Techniques
- Brazilian Blow-Out and Keratin Treatments
- Perms and Roller-Sets
- Wedding and Special Event hairstyles and up-do’s
- Face and Body Waxing
- Acrylic, Dip Powder & Gel Nails
- Manicures and Pedicures
Customer Service, Sales & Marketing Skills
- Fosters rewarding relationships with customers through her comprehensive hair care and product knowledge and her warm, personable demeanor.
- Has superb conflict resolution techniques and communication skills.
- Helps analyze and develop sales and marketing strategy by launching promotions and marketing campaigns that maintain healthy margins.
- Regularly meets or exceeds monthly sales growth goals.
- Drives sales through the optimization of services and retail product assortment and retail sales forecasting.
- Proven experience selling across various online channels like social media and other online platforms.
Education & Certifications
Young Nails Mastering Acrylic Nails One-Week-Course • Anaheim, CA
- Certificate of Completion Received: 8/16/2019
California Board of Cosmetology License
- License Valid Until: 4/30/2021
Citrus Community College • Glendora, CA
- Cosmetology Certificate Program | Graduated Program with Certificate: April, 2019
Pomona Catholic High School • Pomona, CA
- Graduated with Diploma: Class of 2005 | GPA: 3.5
Acrylic Nail Demonstration • Citrus College • November, 2019
- She performs acrylic nail demonstrations to students and aspiring cosmetologists using the Young Nails application style at Citrus College’s Cosmetology Department.
Cosmetology Club • Citrus College • September, 2018 to April, 2019
- Formerly the Cosmo Club’s Secretary, her duties included taking official meeting minutes during each meeting and keep the club’s goals organized and on track.
- The club meets weekly to discuss and organize new activities and opportunities to volunteer and gain real-world experience in the beauty industry before they graduate the program.
- She personally provides employment coaching through resume assistance and interview training to students getting ready to graduate and head into the beauty industry.
La Fetra Community Center • Glendora, CA • December, 2018
- Volunteer Hairdresser and Manicurist to Senior Citizens.
Citrus College Hair Competition • Citrus College • October, 2018
- She helped organize the Cosmetology Departments yearly hair competition.
- She was also the hostess for the event and stood on stage to announce each contestant.
Foothill Unity Center • Santa Anita, CA • August, 2018
- Volunteer Hairdresser and Manicurist to School Aged Children.